Friday 15 February 2013

Monkeytown in the holidays - or was that Helltown

Well today the kids were going crazy with boredom ( we get to a point where they are hanging on curtains and ricocheting off the sofas and then it is time to do something...anything) and so we decided to go to an indoor softplay area.  What new kind of hell is this...softplay in the holidays?  Take a place, full it to capacity and then double it and that was Monkey Town in Breda today.  The kids did not want to go and play..so, after dealing with an exploding nappy, extricating Cricket from underneath other people's table and from the legs of complete strangers, Tiger hanging on me moaning and pulling me to go play, losing Cricket five times, refusal to eat their toasted sandwiches, I put away the book I had taken optimistically with and packed it in for home.  The kids continued being impossible in the car crying for drinks, spilling an entire drink into the car carpet and Cricket taking off his seatbelt on the highway.  Once again being very optimistic, I have put them in their beds for a nap, but it is not looking good. For one thing Cricket's dummy is lost...we seem to now be down to one he does not like.  I was hoping for a reset button aka nap...oh well, it could make for an interesting afternoon and makes me ask the inevitable question...why don't I have valium in the house?  

No comments:

Post a Comment