Tuesday 30 May 2017

Vanilla Cake for kids parties

Vanilla Cake Recipe

I have used this Vanilla Cake Recipe for YEARS and don't need to ever look for a better recipe...it is fabulous and so easy to make.

Ingredients:

2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence

Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.  Beat the sugar and eggs together until thick and creamy...about two minutes if not longer.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Bake for 30 - 40 mins in two baking tins or in one large tin for longer.  Times will change per overn. Just keep checking until your knife comes out clean.

If I use this recipe for cupcakes then I put the tray in for about 22 minutes.

I am not one to make elaborate kids' party cakes...my favourite modus operandi is to get a edible frosted picture and once iced with butter cream icing, I just place the picture on top.  Parties have never been easier and the kids are always delighted.

Here are photos of the last batch of cupcakes I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment