Friday 21 July 2017

South African Malva Pudding

This is turning into a cooking blog.  I have to add this recipe because this is the most delicious and easy to make pudding that I know.  It's a little bit like sticky toffee pudding or so I am told. 

We annually have a pie night with three families and we each take a pie and a pudding so here is a picture of the malva pudding including a pie waiting to go in the oven...in case you were wondering.



Malva Pudding:
2 cups flour
1 & 1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp bicarb of soda
1 tin of fruit cocktail (240g)
3 eggs

Mix the above ingredients together in a bowl and bake at 180 degrees celcius for 45 minutes to 1 hour (I found 45 minutes to be perfect in my oven)

Sauce:
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 jar coffee milk (180ml)
125g margarine OR butter
1 cup sugar
Boil gently. When the cake emerges from oven, prick holes all over and pour sauce over.

No comments:

Post a Comment